Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Bronx NY Feiner & Lavy Law Firm
A motorcycle ride on the open road can bring a sense of freedom and a lot of enjoyment for riders, but it could end in tragedy. There are many causes, but if you or a loved one has been injured or worse in a motorcycle accident, it is important to contact a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Bronx NY quickly to determine if you and your family are due compensation. One act of negligence on the part of another can change the motorcyclist’s life forever. Whatever the cause of the motorcycle accident, a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Bronx NY can immediately evaluate if victims will be able to collect damages for their injuries and other losses. Our motorcycle accident injury attorneys can help you know what compensation you may be entitled to following a crash.
Why is it so important to move quickly on a case? As our experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyer, Bronx NY knows, it is because the reasons for an accident need to be investigated thoroughly while the details are still fresh in the minds of those involved and witnesses. It is critically important to empower a qualified Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Bronx NY to act quickly and efficiently as your advocate if you suffer injuries as a result of a motorcycle accident in the Bronx.
Motorcyclist are killed or injured at an alarming rate: people on motorcycles are four-times more likely to die in an accident than the overall motor vehicle rate. On average, 166 people die in motorcycle accidents in New York each year. While there aren’t specific injury numbers for motorcycle accidents, we found that the average number of people injured in motorcycle injuries for 2015 to 2017 are estimated to be more than 90,000 by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
There are many reasons for motorcycle accidents, but several have nothing to do with the operator of a motorcycle or the safety precautions taken by riders, such as wearing protective gear like a helmet. We found “seven common causes” that injure scores of motorcyclists every year, and all of these are at least in part the fault of another party:
- Left Turns: Misjudging or not seeing a motorcycle while a motorist is making a left turn accounts for an alarmingly high percentage of accidents involving motorcycles. We have seen various percentages, but the consensus seems to be that more than 40-percent of all motorcycle accidents involving another vehicle are the result of a left-hand turn. This could be because a driver doesn’t see a motorcyclist or misjudges the rate of speed of an approaching motorcycle, but the reason doesn’t affect the outcome: a motorcyclist who will almost always suffer an injury, and that injury will frequently be severe.
- Poorly Maintained Roads: Potholes, cracks, uneven pavement, crumbling shoulders, new pavement that becomes hazardously slick in wet weather or animal carcasses are some of the hazards facing motorcycle riders. Motorcycles are inherently less stable than cars on four wheels and any roadway hazard can lead to a sudden loss of control and a serious crash.
Other Driver Actions: Not signaling, making unsafe lane changes, rear-ending a motorcycle or sun glare obscuring an approaching motorcycle can lead to a potentially serious injury to riders.
- Distracted Drivers: A driver who’s not paying attention to the road poses an especially dangerous problem for a motorcyclist, especially such scenarios as drifting into a lane and sideswiping a motorcyclist.
- Road Rage: Sometimes vehicle drivers become enraged at a motorcyclist, leading to a potentially lethal cocktail of high-speed hostility and an exposed motorcycle rider.
- Car Doors: People carelessly throwing open a car door is a routine hazard for everyone, but for motorcyclists, this can lead to a serious injury.
Mechanical Defects: No matter how well someone tries to maintain their ride, a motorcycle could suffer a component failure that can lead to a serious injury to a rider and passenger.
What kind of injuries can result? These can be the kind of life-altering, disfiguring injuries that result in profound changes in someone’s life. Among the most common severe injuries we found are:
- Severe Burns
- Road Rash
- Limb Amputation
- Severe Bone Breaks
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Thoracic and Abdominal Injuries
If you or a family member have been injured as a result of a motorcycle accident, it may be the fault of another and it is urgent that you speak with a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Bronx NY to fight for the compensation you or your loved one will need to make a full recovery. You should not be left to shoulder the burden of hospital bills and other medical expenses, loss of income, and other care alone. You may be entitled to collect damages beyond care costs for pain and suffering, and an experienced Bronx personal injury law firm can help you pursue your Bronx motorcycle accident claim efficiently. The best place to call is the Feiner & Lavy Law Firm.
We understand what you are going through and would like to be there every step of the way to help you and your family. With more than 80 years of combined experience, excellent case results and millions of dollars recovered for clients, our outstanding reputation speaks for itself. For decades, our personal injury attorneys have succeeded in recovering multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts for personal injury victims. We are proud of our solid reputation with clients, as well as the legal community. We look forward to helping you with your claim.