Bicycle Accident Lawyer Bronx NY
Why Should I Hire a Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Bronx NY?
Hiring a bicycle accident attorney can give you the best chance to fight for your legal rights. An attorney experienced in the area of bicycle accidents knows a great deal about personal injury law and can help move your case forward toward achieving a desirable outcome. A bicycle attorney Bronx NY can help you:
1. Settle Your Bronx NY Bicycle Accident Case
- Many bicycle accident cases can be settled outside of the courtroom. Hiring an experienced bicycle accident lawyer gives you the advantage of having an experienced negotiator on your side, negotiating on your behalf. If your case settles, you will likely get to avoid the stress of having to go to trial. The earlier your case settles, the faster you will get your settlement money, so as long as the settlement is fair and acceptable to you, there are advantages of going down this path.
2.Take Your Bronx NY Bicycle Accident Case to Trial
- Of course, not every case is able to be settled before trial. If both parties are unable to come to an agreement about an acceptable settlement of the bicycle accident case, then the matter will go before a judge or jury to decide the outcome of the case.
What Should I Do If I Am Injured in a Bicycle Accident?
If you get hurt in a bicycle accident, there are certain steps you can take to achieve the best outcome for you. These include:
1.Get the Appropriate Medical Care As Soon As Possible
- In many bicycle accidents involving motor vehicles as the other party, the bicyclist will require urgent medical attention. Usually, the best course of action is to call 911 immediately at the scene of the accident, if possible. Even if the injuries do seem very minor at the scene of the accident, as a bicyclist, you should still make sure to see a doctor to make sure there are no injuries that are not immediately apparent, such as internal bleeding.
2.Take Pictures of the Scene of the Accident and Save Them
- Of course, getting the necessary medical care should be your number one priority after a bicycle accident. In situations where immediate medical care is not required, and you have the ability to do so, you should take photographs of the accident scene, including any damage to your bicycle and the other vehicle involved in the collision. You should make sure to keep these pictures in a safe place, where they can easily be accessed down the road if it becomes helpful to your bicycle accident case.
3.Write Down Witness Contact Information
- In some cases, there may be witnesses to the accident. When possible, you should make an effort to collect witness contact information, so that your bicycle accident lawyer Bronx NY can find any potential witnesses down the road if required for your personal injury case.
4.Hire a Bicycle Accident Attorney Bronx NY
- Finally, you should consider hiring a bicycle accident attorney Bronx NY. There are many benefits to having a skilled bicycle accident lawyer on your side. Hiring an attorney may give you the best tools to achieve a successful outcome in your case.
When is the Best Time to Hire a Bicycle Accident Attorney in Bronx NY?
The best time to hire an attorney to represent you in a bicycle accident case is as soon as possible. When you contact a bicycle accident lawyer Bronx NY right away, they can help you move forward with your case in the way that best benefits you. Keep in mind that an attorney will know the filing deadlines associated with bicycle accident cases and will also know how to get things moving forward in your case to begin the process of trying to settle your case.
You should also be aware that there is a window of time in which your case must be filed with the court. This is called the statute of limitations and is governed by New York state law. If your case is not filed with the proper court before the statute of limitations runs out, then you will most likely lose your right to pursue compensation for your injuries in that case.
For personal injury cases in New York, the statute of limitations generally allows for the filing of a case within three years after the injury date. However, in some cases, there are more restrictive rules that require the filing of the case to occur earlier. This is one of the reasons why it is vital to have an experienced bicycle accident attorney Bronx NY on your side so that you do not have to guess at what legal deadlines apply in your individual case.
I Have Decided to Hire a Bicycle Accident Attorney Bronx NY. How Much Money Will I Owe My Lawyer for the Legal Fees?
At Feiner and Lavy, you will not have to pay lawyer fees unless our attorneys achieve either a settlement or an award at trial in your favor. Our law firm operates on a contingency fee basis, which means that our attorney fee is taken as a percentage of the money that you win in your case.
Our fee, like most other personal injury firms, is equivalent to one-third of the settlement or award after case-related costs have been accounted for. When you hire your bicycle accident lawyer Bronx NY, the specific details of what is owed in fees and costs, and under what circumstances they are owed, will be listed in the retainer agreement that you sign at the time of hiring.
If I Am Successful in My Bicycle Accident Bronx NY Case, How Much Money Can I Expect to Receive?
As every case is different and has a unique set of facts, there is no way to be sure how much money you can expect to receive if your case is successful. After your bicycle accident lawyer Bronx NY has learned the facts of your case, they may be able to give you a general guideline of what to expect, but of course, there are no guarantees. There are many factors that go into bicycle accident case settlements. As your case moves along, your bicycle accident attorney Bronx NY can give you updates regarding how your case is progressing and will let you know of any settlement offers to consider.
What Type of Compensation is Available to Me in My Bicycle Accident Bronx NY Personal Injury Case?
There are different forms of compensation that may be available to you if you are successful in your case. Below, you will find some examples:
Pain and Suffering
- One type of compensation often included in personal injury settlements is pain and suffering. Unlike other forms of compensation, there is no way to assign an exact dollar amount that pain and suffering is worth. Although every case is different, in general, the more serious and permanent the bicycle accident injuries are, the greater the amount awarded to compensate the injured person for their pain and suffering.
- Another form of compensation available in bicycle accident cases is the payment of medical expenses that were incurred due to the accident. The bills must be reasonable and related to the accident. Your bicycle accident attorney Bronx NY will help you to gather all of the medical bills related to your accident injuries and submit them for review by the at-fault party.
- In some cases, lost wages are another form of compensation that may be available. This form of compensation might be available to you if you were required to take time off from your job in order to recover from your accident injuries. Typically, your treating doctor must provide documentation that the time off of work was medically necessary.
In Bronx NY, many residents enjoy bike riding as a means for recreation as well as transportation throughout the city. Unfortunately, many people are injured each year in bicycle accidents with motor vehicles. Bicyclists can suffer catastrophic injuries in collisions with motor vehicles and may require substantial medical treatment to recover, which can get expensive.
If you have been hurt in a bicycle accident in Bronx NY, you may be able to take legal action and recover compensation for injuries. A bicycle accident lawyer is an attorney who helps people who have been injured in bicycle accidents file a personal injury case to pursue compensation for the injuries they suffered in the accident.
Bicycle Accident Law Firm Bronx NY Feiner and Lavy PC Attorneys at Law
The law firm of Feiner and Lavy has decades of combined experience successfully taking on personal injury cases in Bronx, New York, and surrounding areas. Our team has a wide range of resources ready and available to our clients. We make sure to give every case we have the unique personal attention it deserves.
At Feiner and Lavy, we have the determination and drive to work hard for the highest compensation and best legal outcomes for our clients. Give our office a call today to hire a bicycle accident lawyer Bronx NY today.
The State of New York Bicycle Motorist Laws
The state of New York has enacted laws that bicycle motorists must follow. These laws govern safety equipment to be used, (such as helmets) as well as the use of hand and arm signals, and what types of roadways bicyclists are permitted to ride on.
Just like drivers of motor vehicles, those riding bicycles should take the time to review the applicable laws that pertain to bike riding in New York. You can find a listing of New York laws that apply to bicyclists here. Bicyclists should not simply know the laws, but they should make every effort to follow them for their own safety and for others around them.
Why Should I Hire Feiner and Lavy to Handle My Bronx NY Bicycle Accident Case?
You should hire Feiner and Lavy to represent you in your Bronx NY bicycle accident case because of our proven track record of success and the personal attention your case will receive. Give us a call today at (212) 393-9130 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your bicycle accident case. Our bicycle accident Bronx NY attorneys are ready to help you fight for the compensation you deserve for your bicycle accident case.